Award-winning Winter Experiences Return
It’s that time of year again! The Free Winter Experiences programme for Larnaka region hotel guests is returning for its fifth year, and has also been officially recognised with a TripAdvisor ‘2017 Certificate of Excellence’.
The weeklong programme of complimentary activities and experiences was created by the LTB and the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) to offer winter tourists something authentic and interesting during their stay. Since its inception, the response and feedback has been amazing, and we thank all participants for their fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor, which have earned us the accolade of excellence.
The 2017 programme will commence on November 1, 2017, and run until April 30, 2018 as follows:
- Monday: A trip to Voroklini Lake with bird watching, a basket weaving demonstration, and the preparation (and sampling) of traditional delicacies.
- Tuesday: A full day out at the unique Mazotos Camel Park, which offers something for all the family.
- Wednesday: Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of the old town, complete with professional guide.
- Thursday: A packed trip to Athienou village includes visits to the local museum and the restored flourmill, and a Halloumi cheese making demonstration.
- Friday: A second guided walking tour explores Larnaka’s old neighbourhoods where traditional crafts are practised at the local workshops.
- Saturday: A full excursion that takes in Kiti village and its famous church; food and handicraft demonstrations at Ayios Theodoros village; wine tasting in Kato Drys village, and a visit to Lefkara village.
All the activities are free-of-charge upon presentation of a voucher issued by the hotels, with prior booking only required for the two village excursions on Thursday and Saturday.
Full details can be found here.