- Roads: Asphalt and loose surface
- Distance: 24 km
- Level of Difficulty: Easy to average (+270m of total ascent)
- Bike Required: Trekking off-road with 27 speeds
- Points of Interest: Choirokoitia and ‘Kalavasos Tenta’ Neolithic Settlements, Tochni Village, Zygi Village
- To download the GPX File for your Navigation Device Click Here.
Neolithic Route - Europe's most ancenient route (24 Km)
An archaeological exploration of the area can also be combined with a tasty dish of fresh fish in the nearby village of Zygi, which is famous for its fishing harbour.
After your lunch you can enjoy the scenic route along green fields bursting with vibrant oranges and lemons, followed by a ride through Psematismenos Village. A few kilometres away from the village you will finally reach your original starting point of the Choirokoitia settlement, where your bike journey through history culminates.
Along the route there are two bike centres that can assist you with any bike-related queries or bike repairs:
Bikin’Cyprus Adventures, Tochni village: www.bikincyprusadventures.com, Tel. 97 702 200 Cycle-in-Cyprus, Kalavasos village: www.cycle-in-cyprus.com, Tel. 99108 349 (open during winter and spring)