Our Wonderful Winter Experiences Programme
Now in its seventh year, the Free Winter Experiences programme has become a popular and much enjoyed part of visits to Larnaka region during the cooler seasons and is sure to delight once again!
Created for Larnaka region hotel guests, the programme offers a packed itinerary of things to see, do and experience from Monday – Saturday, and serves as a wonderful showcase of the region’s authenticity and diverse charm. So much so, that the unique initiative has won awards and continues to receive rave reviews and feedback from participants.
The 2019/20 programme will commence on November 1, 2019, and run until March 31, 2020 as follows:
- Monday: A trip to Voroklini Lake where you can enjoy a spot of bird watching and will be welcomed at Restolake for a basket weaving demonstration and the sampling of traditional delicacies.
- Tuesday: A full day out at the Mazotos Camel Park, which offers something for all the family, from animals and children’s activities, to swimming and dining.
- Wednesday: A professional tour guide will accompany you for a fascinating and informative walking tour of the old town.
- Thursday: A packed trip to Athienou includes visits to the local museum and beautifully-restored flourmill, and a Halloumi cheese making demonstration at the restored Father Kallinikos Stavrovouniotis House.
- Friday: A second guided walking tour explores Larnaka’s old neighbourhoods where traditional crafts are practised at the local workshops – complete with professional guide.
- Saturday: A full excursion into the region’s rural and mountainous areas visits the Golden Donkeys Farm in Skarinou village; Ktima Christoudia in Kato Drys, and hilly Lefkara village - famous for its handmade lace and silversmithing.
All the activities are free-of-charge upon presentation of a voucher issued by the hotels, with prior booking only required for the two village excursions on Thursday and Saturday.
Full details can be found here.