The convent of Agios Minas is located in the village of Vavla and dates back to the 15th century.
The building is a mixture of Byzantine and Gothic styles with a pointed vault of traverse ribs and side porticos, and consists of a church, cloisters and other monastic buildings. On the north and south walls there are two large paintings of Agios Georgios and Agios Minas dated 1757. In addition to their religious duties, the nuns at the convent prepare homemade preserves and herbs which can be purchased from there.
Please note that modest dress is required to enter the church.
Vavla Village (Click to Google Maps)
- Tel: +357 2434 2952
Daily: 09:30–11:30 / 14:00–16:00 (Oct– Apr)
Daily: 09:30–11:30 / 15:00–16:30 (May – Sept)
Group visits by appointment
Closed on all Public Holidays. Opening and closing times as well as entrance fees, are subject to alterations without notice. Visitors are advised to check before visiting.