Every Wednesday: 'Larnaka - Past and Present' (free)
Taking place each Wednesday at 10am, the free guided tour starts at the building of the Tourist Information Office
and is sponsored by Larnaka Municipality.
The guided tour on foot covers the history and development of Larnaka and passes by its main points of interest throughout the town centre, main promenade, seafront square, and the quaint, historic old streets.
included in the walk are stops at some of the city's most famous landmarks, religious monuments, and interesting buildings (some to visit, others to view from outside). Among other sights, participants will discover:
- Valsamakis house, associated with the Cypriot attempt to join the Greek revolution of 1821
- Larnaka Municipal Market
The walk ends at Larnaka Municipal Market where participants can then browse the traditional stalls or enjoy a coffee in the town centre!
- The walk lasts for approximately 2.30-3 hours
- A 20 minute break is included to allow for a rest and enjoy a drink in a traditional kafenion (coffee shop).
- Please note that drinks are not included in the tour and are at the participant's cost.
- All walking tours are led by a licensed guide.
- Participants are advised to wear comfortable walking shoes, light clothes and a hat during the summer months.
- Booking is not essential, but please turn up at the meeting point 15 minutes earlier.
- Enquiries: Tel: +357 2465 4322
Private groups or travel agents who are interested in the walks or would like guidance in a specific foreign language other than English can apply to the Tourist Information Office.
You can also hire a local, licensed guide for a private tour here.
Larnaka Sensory Tours for the Blind
A pilot guided tour for the visually impaired took place in spring 2022 with specially-designed activities as part of studies to launch tours for tourists with sensory disabilities (visual and auditory). Read the press release of this successful initiative here,
The tour won Gold at the Cyprus Tourism Awards and can be arranged for organised groups by contacting LTB.
Other Guided Walks (at a fee)
With excellent weather conditions all-year-round and a wide variety of natural and historic attractions, you should not miss the opportunity to see the region through a range of guided tours that capture everything you would want to see when visiting Larnaka.