Summer is off to a great start with a fantastic competition on the Larnaka Tourism Board Facebook page to win airline tickets in cooperation with Cyprus Airways.
Cyprus Airways is celebrating five years of operation with prizes of five tickets to any of the airline’s destinations from Larnaka International Airport (two winners will win one pair of tickets and one winner will win a single ticket).
Entering the competition is super simple! As a region, Larnaka is proud of the well-balanced experience it offers – a modern coastal destination that retains its traditional, local character - and we would love to hear which ‘face’ you prefer!
Post a comment telling us what your favourite spot in the region is and if you are a fan of contemporary or traditional Larnaka.
The competition runs from June 15 – 30 with winners selected randomly. Terms and conditions apply, which can be read here.
And if this has whetted your appetite to discover the different attractions of the two sides, our recommended itinerary for a ‘Weekend in Larnaka’ covers all bases, including these contrasting ideas in Larnaka city.
- The Foinikoudes (Palm Tree) promenade lined with cafes, bars and restaurants, amusement arcade and seafront stage with events.
- Ermou Square and Q City Centre with their elegant dining and drinking establishments flanked by modern retail options.
- A walk along Piale Pasha glass-lined coastal walkway to the vibrant row of ice-cream palours, all the way to trendy Mckenzie beach with its white-washed beach bars and big-name DJ sets.
- Larnaka-Dekeleia Road with its larger hotels, cheerful pubs and international restaurants.
- Europe Square with its re-purposed Colonial Warehouses.
- Saint Lazarus church and its surrounding backstreets of old warehouses and architecture from different eras.
- A walk around the Larnaka Art Workshops Neighbourhood or the quaint setting of the Psarolimano fishing harbour and the restaurants surrounding it.
We look forward to hearing what part of Larnaka region – or what attraction, you love most!